Please fix the following
Welcome to the EMI Pakistan Rights acquirement page; you are obviously here to seek a License or
permission to use our content, we salute your initiative!
As you are aware, permission to use content is mandatory per the Copyright Act of Pakistan 1962.
Kindly read the Terms of Reference and Licensing costs against each head or download the rate card
and revert with your requirements on the prescribed request form.
Thank you for supporting the legitimate music industry.
For any queries, please drop us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org
– various music cues added
together to produce a cumulative total.
Only applicable to per 30 second rates.
– clears the relevant unit for use within all media including but not limited to TV, online and
physical product. Radio, public loca-
tion and theatrical use is also included except under IPC rates, where these uses are
– downloadable retail computer
or mobile phone programmes designed to
perform a specific task for a user or other
– clears a track for use within all
related advertisements of a similar or developing theme for a single product, allowing unlimited
production variations, revisions, cut-downs and tag ending changes. Restricted to the relevant
medium (all media, TV ads/sponsorship idents, radio ads, online or other ads) for a term of up to
12 months duration. A new licence is required to continue making new advertisements using the same
track after the term has expired.
– A physical product or download containing audio and/or audiovisual content available with a
magazine or other publication at the point of purchase.
– a shortened version of an advert/
production where no new content is added.
– Digital Audio Broadcasting.
– Synchronisation of audio recording/ musical work into a single production.
– clears the unit for use in perpetuity within all media, including but not limited to TV, radio,
online, physical product, theatrical, or public location. The rate excludes feature film
– ‘out of context’ trailers made up of a clips montage using production music. All feature film
trailer licences include
unlimited tag endings and unlimited cut-downs.
– Independent Local Radio.
– unlimited continuous repetition of a single music cue in a production or allows the user to
interact with the music within a production – i.e. play, pause, skip. Looped and
interactive use is charged at double the per 30
– a production documenting the making of an advertisement.
– interactive content where the user can play, pause and skip.
– clears use for 30 seconds of music, or part thereof (i.e. 1-30 seconds = 1 unit; 31-60 seconds =
2 units etc.) except where aggregation is allowed.
– allows unlimited production music use within a single production.
Per track – clears an entire track for use within a single production. Advertising per track rates
allow unlimited revisions, cut-downs and tag ending changes.
– allows unlimited production music use within a single trailer.
– a permanent copy is retained by the end user as a download. Including, but not limited to,
interactive web or mobile games, online or TV programmes made available on the internet,
ringtones, podcasts, vodcasts and audio only/audiovisual content that is downloaded to a computer
in a viral marketing email.
– a downloadable, audio only
programme subject to the following
– a minor cosmetic change to an
advertisement, largely unnoticeable to the viewer.
– Pakistan or any other single country. Sponsorship ident – short advertisement shown at the
beginning and/or end of a programme segment to credit a sponsor of the programme.
– audio only/ audiovisual content specifically made available online in a ‘play-only’ format where
no permanent copy is retained. Including, but not limited to, online TV or radio programmes that
are made specifically for the internet, corporate videos, interactive web or streamed mobile
– minor changes to the message at the end of an advertisement/film trailer (e.g. change from ‘sale
starts Monday’ to ‘sale starts tomorrow’ or from ‘released Monday’ to ‘released tomorrow’). Track
musical work/composition and sound recording.
– see streamed programming.
– clears a 30 second unit (or part thereof) for use within a
– an entire song including rights in the musical work and sound recording.
– clears a Track for use within a single advertisement allowing unlimited revisions,
cut-downs and tag ending changes.
– a minor cosmetic change to an advertisement, largely unnoticeable to the viewer.
– a shortened version of an advert where no new content is added.
– minor changes to the message at the end of an advertisement (e.g changing from “sale
starts Monday” to “sale starts tomorrow”)
– clears the relevant unit – either per 30 second unit (or part thereof) or per track – for
use within all media including but not limited to TV, radio, online, physical product,
theatrical performance or publication.
he rights in each advertisement are cleared in perpetuity, except where specified as part of
a negotiated agreement.
The Television & Independent Production Company Blanket License is available to all
Terrestrial and Independent Production Companies (IPCs) and Producers making programmes
broadcast in Pakistan whereby the music is not covered by an existing Broadcasters
– refers to but is not limited to TV, radio, online, physical
product, theatrical performances or public location.
– this rate clears the unit for use in perpetuity within
all media, including but not li-
mited to TV, radio, online, physical product, theatrical performances or public
location, but excluding feat-
ure film trailers.